The mountainous topography, deep canyons and volcanic lava cliffs forming an integral part of the Reunion’s scenic galore make it an exotic destination, a perfect get away from the city’s concretes.
With wild plants growing along as you stroll through the island of wonders, take a trip to witness the Maison de la Broderie Museum that houses eminent ethnic needlework undertaken by the women of the Cilaos town; the route by road to the town is the most scenic drives in Reunion.
Things to do
- Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains – A perfect weekend getaway, where you can choose to either take a lazy dip in the crystal blue waters of the white sandy beaches, or get adventurous and go snorkelling underwater, or simply take a long leisurely stroll across the gorgeous Garden of Eden.
- The Cirques of Cilaos, Mafate & Salazie – An amphitheatre said to be formed naturally due to the self-collapsing of the volcano, this combined untamed wilderness is a sight worth devouring.
- A visit to Kelonia – A turtle observatory at Saint Leu, where you can see these otherwise tiny creatures moving around freely in their best environment.
- Saint Pierre’s Helicopter tour – An aerial view from the highest possible point that will leave you absolutely spell bound, undoubtedly the best way to fall in love with the charming island.
- Piton de la Fournaise – Currently, one of the most active volcanoes in the world, the ultimate destination if you are at Reunion.