Langkawi Island is one of the best islands of Malaysia which off the coast of Kedah is a cluster of 99 islands offering the best of many worlds: beautiful beaches, world- class infrastructure, mangroves rich in flora and fauna. It is surrounded by turquoise sea, the interior of the main island is a mixture of nature and beaches. Forested hills, romantic white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters greet visitors to tropical Palau. Langkawi, officially known as Langkawi the Jewel of Kedah.
Things to do
- Gunung Mat Cincang and Gunung Raya are the mountains in Langkawi which offer you a spectacular view of the island.
- Langkawi Sunset Cruise is a mid-afternoon daytrip that takes you sailing on the Andaman Sea as you kick back and relax on board. The cruise takes you on a voyage within almost-touching distance of some of Langkawi’s deserted islet.
- Langkawi’s white sand beaches are simply some of Malaysia’s best. From the sandy bays to sweeping coastlines, these beaches take you to a serene land of love and beauty.
- Langkawi also has a few waterfalls that offer a scenic and peaceful location for a picnic or simple relaxation.
- Because of Langkawi’s cultural richness, it is really easy to explore the island. It also has enough options like diving, sailing and horse riding to keep you engaged.